Thursday, September 4, 2014

Word Project

I was really inspired by all the info-graphs that came up when I searched my word on Pinterest and Google. I would like to try using this theme in some of my pieces, it will probably be with collage or a very simplistic style of painting.
<<<



http://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=abstract%20art

This entire pinterest page of abstract art also really helped/inspired me. A lot of my pieces are literal, so if I paint them in an abstract way, they will seem a lot less literal and will be more interesting.





http://www.google.com/search?q=lovcate&safe=active&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=U14IVIOIB4OvggTp7IHgCA&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAw&biw=1366&bih=663&surl=1#safe=active&tbm=isch&q=locate&surl=1

I'm really not a reading person, and there was pretty much NO READING AT ALL on my word, so pictures really helped. I scrolled through this google page for about an hour and every picture helped me brainstorm. Each idea led to another, and somehow all of the pictures started to relate, which was neat.

3 comments:

  1. I love your thought process and how you go about creating things. Also, I really love the idea of taking literal things and painting them in a more abstract way; I think that will add a lot to your pieces! Besides that, I love the inspiration that you got from the coffee info-graph it is very original and you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All, I love where you are headed with your word project. It was genius to look up your word on Pintrest. I cant wait to see your ten final pieces, you always concoct some amazing idea that blows my mind. Keep on keeping on Ally! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the contrast between the sophistication of the infographs and the randomness of the abstract art, I think it would be cool if you somehow combined the two in future projects I'm not entirely sure, but it could make for cool street art-esque pieces. (:

    ReplyDelete