Thursday, September 18, 2014

Word Project (Locate)

Over all my work was really about exploring new things with my art. I tried lots of different mediums for each piece. I also really tried to get out of my comfort zone and really be lose with my mark making. I also tried to do less literal ideas with all of my pieces.
I am kind of also stuck in the "animation" mood right now (because of the class) and I really played that up and made a lot of my pieces look animated.
I found a new love for watercolor through this project and also collage as well.
My first piece was all about meditation and finding your inner soul.

The second one is about locating yourself as a person.

The last one is about locating ideas.

3 comments:

  1. I really love how you are doing something that you haven't done much of before. Obviously, have very strong painting skills and it's awesome that you are trying something new. Also, I love the way the space is designed in your light bulb piece, it was one of my favorite pieces out of everyone's in the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ally,

    You are one of the quirkiest, yet most brilliant artist I have ever had the pleasure to get to know. I love your thought processes around your pieces, and I think some of your pieces are just mind blowing! You certainly have a wonderful talent for rendering and I love how much you put your own quirkiness in your art! That's what makes it so special and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ally this was a really strong confident collection. The explorations were enjoyable. I appreciate your desire to explore new ideas and media. I thought the light bulb image was one of the best because it could almost be a design for a logo or company. Continue to push yourself into new directions and media. Strong start!

    ReplyDelete