Monday, November 24, 2014

Self Portrait

I put a lot of thought and time into my self portrait and I think that is what really makes it unique. I wanted to do the concept of being trapped in my own mind. As an artist, my mind is always going and always thinking of super random and crazy things. So I made the background representing my brain with all the crazy designs. I then placed myself in front of class to make it look like I was trapped in this diamond vortex. I then drew myself in a sort of "cold" way to show mt shyness that I am when I don't know the people around me. I also represented myself with things that really show "me" with my signature necklace, my deadlock, and my favorite outfit. One of my biggest insecurities is my feet, so I drew them even more ugly than they actually were. I think that this time, the brown paper didn't work as well as it usually does and I could have also done the mounting a bit better, but overall I am very happy with how the piece turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment